Monday, March 29, 2010

And this is what I call Rock 'n' Roll

I just picked up the new Besnard Lakes album, The Besnard Lakes Are The Roaring Night, and it rocks. They brought the rock action to the Jimmy Fallon Show and proceeded to show the kids how it's done. Behold.

I'll be reviewing the album in the coming days. Suffice it to say that it's rock music the way Satan intended, with gigantic, soaring hooks and lines that resolve in a most satisfying way. Not only does the singer look like a blue medal winner in the Warren Zevon lookalike contest, but he has a pretty amazing falsetto, which will unfortunately put a lot of people off.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This makes me want to pull out my Black Sabbath... Or maybe my Sisters of Mercy... Dammit, maybe the Joy Division... I'm not sure which...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog so far... We've been waiting for the next post.

    ReplyDelete