Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a Trip, It's Got a Funky Beat, and You Can Bug Out To It


I stopped collecting vinyl LPs when I opened my own record store in 1997. My beginning stock was my collection, and I sold all but a handful. While LPs do hold a dear space in my heart and I am a fan of all things anachronistic, I've never felt the urge to start collecting again.

But this Shogun Kunitoki record makes me want to at least own a Fisher Price turntable so I could trip out on the spinning disc. For 25 Euros, you can buy the vinyl version of Vinonaamakasio and a little strobe light (or save 3 Eurous and DIY.) Then, turn the lights out and shine the strobe on the LP for the ultimate mystical experience. OK, it's a gimmick. But it's a really good gimmick.

Available from the always wonderful Finnish label, Fonal Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment