Saturday, March 20, 2010

Captain Slow's House of Legos

Top Gear presenter James May has been a very busy man lately. First, there was his cosmic tribute to the 40th anniversary of the moon landing, James May On The Moon. Maybe I'm slow, or maybe it's because BBC is so persnickety about what we Yanks get to see, but I've just learned about two new programs (or as the Brits say, "programmes") that probably won't make it on to BBC America for another year.


So, with all due praise to those fabulous youtubers who figure out ways around things, I just learned of James May's Toy Stories and James May's Big Ideas. From watching the previews, it looks like my favorite middle-aged spanner sorter does everything from building Erector Set drawbridges to flying experimental aircraft to constructing a gigantic slot car racing set. But the house made entirely of Lego bricks is positively magnificent. And hilarious.

I'd eat fish and chips for a week if I could buy NTSC DVDs of each series.

No comments:

Post a Comment