Saturday, July 16, 2011

Scratch build Pt. 2 - the shuttle

I had originally planned to attach this lotion bottle to the mothership. I like the shape, but it didn't quite work, so I decided to turn it into a shuttlecraft. I played around cutting out various wing shapes using card stock from the freebie fliers I pick up at Amoeba. I settled on this shape, cut it out of sheet styrene and glued it on.


I used two Bic pen tips and two spark plug tips from the auto shop parking lot for the boosters/blasters/whatever they are, some other fiddly bits to make a spaceship looking engine, added another layer of sheet styrene to the wing and etched some panel lines in it.


If you look at the top view of the mothership, I'll have the shuttle attached to the port stern. I haven't decided yet whether I'll make it detachable. Ideally, it would. But I don't know that I'm good enough yet to figure out the technicals on that. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment